Skip Bin Safety Tips
9 skip BIN safety tips
Gorilla bins are great for all sorts of projects, from house and garage clean-ups to construction and renovations. Although the delivery and pick-up of your skip bin will be handled by Green Gorilla, you will be left alone with the skip bin during the rental period, so it's worth reading our safety tips.
- Keep people who are not directly involved away from the work area, including setting up an exclusion zone around the skip when loading or unloading.
- For the safety of those taking out the rubbish, it’s vital to have unobstructed access to the skip bin. This also means making sure no tripping hazards are surrounding your skip. Check the area a couple of times a day.
- Ensure that rodents, birds, animals, and other pests are not getting into or living in your skip. If there is a pest infestation, don’t remove animals or pests. Call your local Animal Control.
- Stop your pets from entering the area around your skip.
- Never allow children to play around or inside a skip bin. We can’t stress this enough! Never allow children inside a skip bin for any reason. When your rental skip bin arrives, tell your kids that it’s not a plaything. The rubbish inside a skip bin may have nails or sharp edges that could harm the kids.
- Never move or compress rubbish with your hands, feet, or body. There could be hidden nails or sharp objects. Ouch!
- Keep an eye on the weather and be cautious on bad weather days. Secure any lightweight items to prevent them from flying out.
- Don’t burn rubbish in the skip. A fire in a skip will permanently damage a skip bin, and you will be held responsible. If there is a fire in the skip, call the Fire Service immediately.
- When it’s time to have your skip bin collected, ensure that the access to the skip is clear. No vehicles can be blocking the skip bin. In addition, make sure any security gates or fences are unlocked.
MORE USEFUL GORILLA BIN SKIP TIPS
CREATE A NO-SMOKING AREA AROUND YOUR GORILLA SKIP
Make it a rule that no one is allowed to smoke within a certain distance of the gorilla skip bin. Many materials placed in skip bins are extremely flammable and a cigarette can easily start a fire.
KIDS AND GORILLA SKIPS DON'T MIX
Never allow children to play around or inside a Gorilla bin.🛑 🖐 We can’t stress this enough! Never allow children inside a skip for any reason. When your bin arrives, tell your kids that it’s not a plaything.
REDUCE YOUR STRESS LEVELS!
Here's our tip. There are times when Green Gorilla skip bin hire demand is high, particularly over the summer months and around public holidays. Get in early and book your Gorilla skip well in advance.
GET YOUR GREEN GORILLA SKIP COLLECTION READY
Before your Gorilla skip bin is collected, check that the access to the skip is clear. No vehicles can be blocking the skip bin. Also, make sure any security gates or fences are unlocked.
KEEP AN EYE ON THE WEATHER
Keep an eye on the weather and be cautious on bad weather days 🌧 During a storm, light and medium-weight objects in your Gorilla Bin skip could be blown away. 😟 Secure any lightweight objects to prevent them from becoming dangerous projectiles.
SITTING IN TRAFFIC?
Spending any of your precious time driving your rubbish to the dump isn’t anybody's idea of a great time. Surely you have something better to do?
Throw your junk into a Green Gorilla skip and leave everything to us. Auckland Recycling & Waste Solutions