THE PROJECT and GREEN GORILLA
WATCH Green Gorilla on the project
The Project tv team put together a great piece on the work Green Gorilla are doing and it was exciting to hear how they understood the bigger picture of the recycling and waste situation in New Zealand. Great work, thanks to Jesse and Kanoa.
GREEN GORILLA INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL WASTE PROCESSING FACILITY
- The most modern waste processing plant of its kind in Australasia.
- The largest commercial and industrial waste processing facility in New Zealand.
- Capable of diverting over 30,000 tonnes per year of Auckland commercial and industrial waste from the region’s landfills – that’s about the same weight as 100 747 jumbo jets.
- The facility cost $9.5M and was supported by a $3.1M contribution from the Ministry for the Environment’s Waste Minimisation Fund.
- It uses a series of augers, screens, density separators, eddy currents and optical sorters to separate different types of waste for reuse.
- Depending on volumes of recyclable material and commodity prices, the optical sorters can be programmed to sort a variety of waste streams.
- The Commercial and Industrial plant runs alongside Green Gorilla’s Construction and Demolition Waste Processing Line. It has been in operation since 2012 and has diverted approximately 250,000 tonnes of waste from Auckland’s landfills since its operation.
PRODUCTS RECOVERED FOR RECYCLING AND REUSE
- Aluminium (predominantly cans)
- Plastic (grades one and two)
- Steel (including tin cans)
- Non-ferrous (brass, copper)
- Gypsum (in the form of plasterboard)
- Timber (both treated and untreated)
AUCKLAND'S BEST COMMERCIAL WASTE COLLECTION COMPANY
It's a big statement and one we firmly believe in. No other waste management company in Auckland provides the same level of waste diversion for businesses or organisations like yours. Unlike most of our competitors, Green Gorilla is 100% Kiwi-owned, and we believe that makes a difference.
- We deliver unique and innovative solutions for businesses that want to improve their recycling, waste, and sustainability.
- As Kiwis, we are proud to own and operate the largest and most modern waste processing facility in Australasia. You can divert up to 40% of your general waste that would have previously gone straight into landfills simply by using Green Gorilla.
- Green Gorilla collects over 50,000kg of organic waste each week with a collection service for businesses that cannot compost their food scraps.
READ MORE about how we can assist your company in making better choices with your recycling and waste management.
A LANDFILL IS THE LAST RESORT
Here at Green Gorilla, we're focused on maximizing recycling & diverting as much waste as we can from landfill. We want to keep New Zealand beautiful for generations to come, and in doing what we do, we assist our customers in achieving their sustainability initiatives.
Using our waste processing facility, we can recover many waste materials for recycling. These include timber, metals, card, plastics and plasterboard, just to name a few. Proudly kiwi-owned and operated, Green Gorilla is Auckland's largest full-spectrum waste services provider. We take pride in setting the trends for waste services in NZ.
We work with a range of industries; construction, manufacturing, warehouses, logistics, body corporations and education institutes, just to name a few. Recycling and waste is a straightforward way for your business to adapt to this significant shift towards a greener, more sustainable business model. Simply fill your bins, and we'll do the rest.