Wood Chip Processing
GORILLA-SIZED RECYCLING SUCCESS
Large volume treated and untreated timber waste from pallets, construction and other sources is processed for different outcomes
Treated timber is used to fuel industry
Green Gorilla's waste processing plant is an innovative electrically powered processing unit that produces consistent quality wood chip product. Treated wood waste is chipped for bio-fuel to replace coal at the Golden Bay Cement works near Whangarei. We are proud to be associated with Golden Bay Cement in this important project to divert significant volumes of wood waste away from Auckland landfills.
Here's an outline of the process:
- All incoming material is weighed and checked for contamination before processing starts
- The process uses heavy duty specialised machinery starting with a slow speed shredder to break the wood into smaller pieces and release any steel contamination
- After passing by a magnet to remove steel, the broken wood is conveyed into a high speed chipper and sized to customer’s requirements
- A secondary magnet then removes any nails and remaining steel before the chip is conveyed into the chip storage hoppers
- Specialised chip liners transport the chip to Golden Bay Cement
- On arrival chip is fed via conveyor directly into the cement kiln supplementing coal as the fuel source.
GBC EECA ENERGY AWARD
The EECA Awards celebrate excellence and innovation in energy efficiency and renewable energy.
In 2012, Golden Bay Cement won the prestigious EECA Renewable Energy award, which recognises achievements and highlights improvements in the New Zealand renewable energy industry.
The Award was in recognition of the innovative use of waste wood material which reduced CO2 emissions by 58,000 tonnes. EECA Award.
UNTREATED WOOD CHIP
- Our efficiency means the best pricing for your project
- Dry wood chip means it great for animal waste absorption
- Convenient pick up for Auckland, Northland and Waikato rural businesses
- Orders over 35m3 only
- Call us today to discuss
LANDSCAPE CHIP - NATURAL OR COLOURED
Call us for pickup or delivery of large industry volumes of dry high quality landscape chip.
- Air dried recycled untreated timber
- Your choice of natural or coloured chip
- Free from seeds and plant matter
- Free draining ‘knitted’ product
- Long term stability with slow breakdown
- Transport to site or collect
- Orders over 35m3
DRY ANIMAL BEDDING
Green Gorilla animal bedding is shredded from dry, recycled and untreated timber. Our wood chip has become very popular on dairy farms during calving season.
- Free draining > 90 x 30 mm chip size
- Chip stored inside with moisture content under 18%
- Dry wood chip means good moisture absorption
- Free draining
- Hard wearing
- Ideal for indoor shelters or outdoor animal feed pads
- Transport to your door or collect
- Orders over 35m3