Wood Chip Processing
GORILLA-SIZED RECYCLING SUCCESS
Large volume treated and untreated timber waste from pallets, construction and other sources is processed for different outcomes
Treated timber is used to fuel industry
Green Gorilla's waste processing plant is an innovative electrically powered processing unit that produces consistent quality wood chip product. Treated wood waste is chipped for bio-fuel to replace coal at the Golden Bay Cement works near Whangarei. We are proud to be associated with Golden Bay Cement in this important project to divert significant volumes of wood waste away from Auckland landfills.
Here's an outline of the process:
- All incoming material is weighed and checked for contamination before processing starts
- The process uses heavy duty specialised machinery starting with a slow speed shredder to break the wood into smaller pieces and release any steel contamination
- After passing by a magnet to remove steel, the broken wood is conveyed into a high speed chipper and sized to customer’s requirements
- A secondary magnet then removes any nails and remaining steel before the chip is conveyed into the chip storage hoppers
- Specialised chip liners transport the chip to Golden Bay Cement
- On arrival chip is fed via conveyor directly into the cement kiln supplementing coal as the fuel source.
GBC EECA ENERGY AWARD
The EECA Awards celebrate excellence and innovation in energy efficiency and renewable energy.
In 2012, Golden Bay Cement won the prestigious EECA Renewable Energy award, which recognises achievements and highlights improvements in the New Zealand renewable energy industry.
The Award was in recognition of the innovative use of waste wood material which reduced CO2 emissions by 58,000 tonnes. EECA Award.
UNTREATED WOOD CHIP
- Our efficiency means the best pricing for your project
- Dry wood chip means it great for animal waste absorption
- Convenient pick up for Auckland, Northland and Waikato rural businesses
- Orders over 35m3 only
- Call us today to discuss
LANDSCAPE CHIP - NATURAL OR COLOURED
Call us for pickup or delivery of large industry volumes of dry high quality landscape chip.
- Air dried recycled untreated timber
- Your choice of natural or coloured chip
- Free from seeds and plant matter
- Free draining ‘knitted’ product
- Long term stability with slow breakdown
- Transport to site or collect
- Orders over 35m3
Green Gorilla animal bedding and mulch are shredded from dry, recycled and untreated timber. Our animal bedding wood chip is suitable for horse and cow animal bedding. The animal bedding wood chips are sold in bulk for Auckland, Northland and Waikato farms.
- Free draining absorbent animal bedding > 90 x 30 mm chip size
- Bulk animal bedding chip is stored inside with moisture content under 18%
- Dry recycled wood chip best animal bedding means good moisture absorption
- Buy animal bedding that is free draining
- Hard-wearing New Zealand animal bedding
- Ideal for indoor shelters or outdoor animal feed pads and stand-off pads
- Transport animal bedding wholesale to your door or collect.
- Animal bedding bulk orders over 35m3
- Great animal bedding price and best quality