call us today on 09 636 2244
or use the contact form below
We are located at Number 1, Victoria Street, Onehunga, Auckland, however please book an appointment before visiting us.
Green Gorilla is the brand name of Kalista Ltd. We launched in 2010 to maximise recovery, reuse and recycling of commercial, construction and industrial waste, otherwise destined for landfill. Our actions speak louder than words; however, two words could sum us up - waste minimisation.
- We are the largest non-landfill owning, full-spectrum waste services provider in New Zealand
- Unlike several of our major competitors, we don't own or operate landfills, which means we focus on the challenge of reducing, reusing and recycling waste
- Our Waste Processing Facilities allow us to maximise recycling and to reprocess waste, and divert waste from landfill
- We divert approx. 75,000 tonnes of waste per annum away from landfill
- Green Gorilla is 100% New Zealand owned and operated
Green Gorilla's Construction and Demolition Waste Processing Facility divert more than 75% of incoming construction and demolition waste from Auckland's landfills. We also operate a wood-chipping operation that turns treated wood into biofuel and untreated wood into landscaping chip and animal bedding, plus a plasterboard processing plant that successfully separates gypsum for use in horticultural and agricultural sectors.
Our state-of-the-art Commercial and Industrial Waste Processing Facility is the most modern waste sorting process of its kind in Australasia, the largest in New Zealand and the only one in Auckland. The facility can recover up to 40% of your general waste that would previously have gone to a landfill. For businesses that have been unable to sort and separate their waste, this facility will do it for them. Simply it removes the requirement to sort their own recycling onsite.